Searching For Real Estate Properties in Brantford
At The Munir Group we know that we can’t help you find your perfect home unless we know what your perfect home is. Before we begin looking at potential properties, we take the time to go over your expectations, needs and wants during a home buyer consultation. We will discuss your preferred location or neighbourhood area, price range and what goals you have for your new home.
We’ll explain the whole home buying process, from making offers to closing a sale, so that you understand exactly what to expect at any given time. If you have any questions, we are here to answer.
It is important to have at least a general idea of what type of home you want to buy before beginning the buying process. We recommend making a list of your homeowner needs and wants to help narrow and focus your search.
Take the following points into consideration when deciding what you’re looking for in your new Brantford home:
- What neighbourhood or general area do I want to live in?
- Do I require schools nearby?
- Am I looking for an older home or a new one?
- Which style of home do I prefer – detached home, bungalow, town home, condo etc.)?
- What size yard do I prefer?
- Am I willing to remodel or renovate the home?
- Do I have pets?
- Are there any physical requirements to consider?
- Do I require a garage?
- Home size requirements (need vs. want) – number of bedrooms, bathrooms etc.?
- What square footage am I looking for in a home?
- Which home features are important (need vs. want) – air conditioning, finished basement, laundry facilities, gourmet kitchen, fireplace etc.)?
Buying a home in Brantford is one of the biggest decisions you will make in your life, so ensure you have thought it through and know what you’re looking for.
An additional factor to consider as you move towards buying a home is whether you have an existing property you will be selling. The main question in this case is whether to buy first or sell first. This changes with every individual and often comes down to financial circumstances. There are advantages and disadvantages to both scenarios. Buying a new home before selling your old one requires more finances and carries some risk with sale prices and time frame. On the other hand, selling your home before having bought a new one means finding a rental home and somewhere to store your life becomes a requirement. Sometimes finding your perfect home can take a while which could quickly become frustrating as well as costly. We are able to lend assistance in either situation as we strive to negotiate conditions and closing dates that suit our clients timelines the best. We know how to sell your home so that you receive the highest possible market value for it and can move forward with a new property.
We recommend speaking with us in detail about selling your existing home so that we can help you plan your purchase accordingly.
Our Brantford real estate agents are worth their weight in gold when it comes to helping you find your new home. Our team knows all the ins-and-outs of the Brantford housing market and can help you be successful by:
- Narrowing down your list of potential properties by pre-screening properties on your behalf (consultation required).
- Informing you about important real estate information – market values, utility costs, property taxes.
- Directing you to the best homes for you in your preferred neighbourhood.
- Extending your list of properties by finding suitable homes that you may have overlooked in your search.
- Acting as your guide during the home viewing process to ensure you don’t miss any positives or negatives associated with a property.
- Discussing your financial and legal options.
- Referring you to accredited and reliable experts when help is needed – home inspectors, contractors, lawyers etc.
The home buying process can be overwhelming, especially early on as you begin your search for potential properties. Making a well informed decision is the best way we know to find you a home that is perfect for you and that you’ll fall in love with. Let’s discuss, we’re always here to help!